Would you like to help your leaders increase employee engagement by up to 8 times, double or triple their motivation to implement a personal development plan, build coaching and leadership skills around natural strengths, make performance appraisals an inspiring event people look forward to, and double rates of improvement from 360 feedback?
As farfetched as those BHAGs (big hairy audacious goals) sound they’re grounded in evidence-based leadership research. I addressed this research in yesterday’s complimentary webinar on Groundbreaking New Approaches to Leadership and Coaching Development. Two objectives in this webinar were to summarize counterintuitive new research on coaching and leadership skill development and show how these approaches are breaking new ground — and significantly boosting results.
Here’s the agenda I covered in the webinar:
- Same Old Approaches = Same Old Results
- Building Coaching and Leadership Strengths
- Critical Differences Between Traditional 360s and a Strengths-Based 360
- Cross Training: A Revolutionary New Approach to Building Strengths
- Six Steps to Extraordinary Coaching
- Possible Next Steps
- Q &A
An example of some research I discussed is shown in this chart:
This correlation was brought home last week in a coaching session with a leader. He was resisting the connection between his 360 feedback report on his leadership effectiveness and the disappointing engagement levels of his direct reports. But the data from him and his cohort of 20 other leaders also going through the assessment and development process showed the highest and lowest rated leaders also had the corresponding highest and lowest levels of engagement of their direct reports.
Click on Groundbreaking New Approaches to Leadership and Coaching Development to watch the webinar. Covering these topics in a short, condensed webinar is like skipping across ice bergs with so much more below the surface. Here’s where you can dive deeper below the surface of what was covered:
- How Extraordinary Leaders Double Profit
- Leadership Under the Microscope
- “Strengthen Leadership Skills by Awakening the Force“
- “Traditional versus Strengths-Based 360 Assessments“
- “9 Problems with 360 Multi-Rater Assessments“
- “Avoiding 7 Coaching Traps That Snare Many Managers“
- “Bringing Science to the Art of Coaching“